INTRODUCTION TO FASCIAL TRAINING FOR TRAINERS
Hybrid Online Pre-Requisite / Live 2-Day Workshop Course for Athletic Trainers, Physical Therapists, Yoga and Movement Specialists
Raise your professional skills to a new level and improve your fascial sense of movement with this hybrid course suitable for all fitness and movement professionals. Become an expert in the field with a holistic approach to fascial training.
The Fascial Fitness Training Certificate Course gives you a proven set of basic principles as well as the practical application of each principle. These basic skills can be applied to any movement discipline. To receive a Fascial Fitness Certificate, you must complete the online educational series and attend a virtual (or live) training session with a Master Trainer who will supervise specific exercises and principles to ensure comprehension. Your certification is then valid for two years.
Existing Fascial Fitness Trainers receive a 50% discount. Please email [email protected] with your Fascial Fitness Certificate to receive the discount code.
October 2-3, 2021
Taught by Jennifer Tubbs, PT
9am – 5pm (Pacific Time) with 1 hour lunch break
WHAT STUDENTS ARE SAYING
Very innovative and informative. Loved the hands on stuff and feedback. Looking forward to learning more about this in the future!
– Erik Tamura
Thank you to everyone and especially Dani! You have a wonderful teaching style and level of knowledge. Thank you for all the value that you brought to the course. Great experience and energy during the course!
– Diane Vives
Thanks so much! I learned so much this weekend. All very relevant to what I do with all my clients.
– Kile Kolkman
YOUR PATH TO BECOMING A CERTIFIED FASCIAL FITNESS TRAINER
Online Modules: Theory
Working with the book “Fascial Fitness” by Dr. Robert Schleip dive into the theoretical background of Fascial Fitness in 6 guided modules to prepare for the live training.
- Complete comprehension assessments through our guided reading modules
- Access recorded webinars to enhance your understanding of key concepts:
- Connective tissue in sports medicine
- Fascia contributions to athletic performance
- Elastic recoil properties of fascia tissues
- Elastic storage properties of the fascia system
- Fascia as a sense organ
- Matrix rehydration
2-Day Workshop: Practical Application
Study the Fascial Fitness exercises, training guidelines and sequencing with our qualified Fascial Fitness Master Trainers live or via online livestreaming.
- First-hand teaching of the scientific principles from pioneers of fascial training
- Defining fascia and its function
- Anatomy: the fascial system as a body-wide network
- Functions of the connective tissue matrix: fibers, fluid and cells
- Healthy tissue architecture and consequences of pathological changes
- A variety of exercises on the topics: rebound elasticity, fascial stretching, fascial “release” and sensory refinement
- Load modifications for each principle, contraindications and training guidelines
- Systematic implementation of a fascial fitness group training so that you can directly apply what you have learned
- Training for the Back Fascia
- Mobility Training, Supple Fascia & Proprioceptive Refinement
- Rehydration & Regeneration: Breathing, Stretching, Loosening
- Fascial Fitness Trainer Certificate
THE FOUR COMPONENTS OF FASCIAL FITNESS
Spring: Elastic Springback & Resilience
- The kinetic storage function of fascia: springback and catapult effect
- Current fascia research: three types of elastic rebound
- Davis Law for Remodeling Collagen Tissues
- Contraindications and training control
Stretching: Power Transfer & Flexibility
- Myofascial chains, the tensegrity model and optimal tension transfer
- Genetic disposition, hyper- and hypomobility and specific training instructions
- The characteristics of fascial stretching and different stretching modalities
- The three functional layers of the thoracolumbar fascia and their extensive networking
Rehydrating & Regenerating
- Matrix rehydration, sponge effect and healthy metabolism
- Practice: Individual exercises with the fascia roller and small devices
- Movement sequence for metabolic stimulation and rehydration
- Current information on hyaluronan, compression and adherence of tissues
Perceiving: Fascia as a Sensory Organ
- The sensory innervation: proprioception, nociception and interoception
- Tasks and stimulation of the mechanoreceptors through targeted fascia training
- Fascia as a pain generator: training recommendations for myofascial pain
- The importance of lifestyle on the fascia system: nutrition, sleep behavior and stress
WHAT STUDENTS ARE SAYING
The course has a really strong scientific base and also the experience and advice that was delivered by the instructor was beyond satisfactory.
– Burcu Tuncel
I enjoyed the practical part where we could have a self-experience of the exercises. Participants from around the world and from different professional backgrounds – such an inspiring community!
– Reka Greff
I loved that there was so much science backing each of the elements. Great resources shared and good comprehensive summaries of these studies and how they are guiding developments in this field.
– Heather Valentine
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, CA
Who is the Fascial Fitness Training Course suitable for?
For all who are interested in doing a Fascial Fitness group training and want to take their fascial body awareness to a new level.
What are the requirements?
The FASCIAL FITNESS TRAINING COURSE requires a basic knowledge of anatomy and movement. In order to receive a Certificate, you need to have a current fitness or medical certification of some kind.
How long is my Certification valid?
Your certification is valid for 2 years. You must attend a recertification event every two years to maintain your status as a Certified Fascial Fitness Trainer.
How long will I have access to the online modules?
Access to the online modules never expires! Revisit them as much as you’d like.